The Buffalo Special 6 Shirt has been developed alongside the recommendations received from its professional users.
The Buffalo Special 6 Shirt has a longer body length in comparison to the Buffalo Mountain Shirt, providing a lower run off level for rain as well as being long enough not to ride up out of a climbing harness.
The Special 6 Shirt is used by Mountain Rescue Teams, the Armed Forces, Fire Service Emergency rescue Teams, Specialist Police teams. It is also known to have been successfully used at over 23,000 ft in the Himalayas in conjunction with Buffalo HA Salopettes and a Buffalo Mountain Jacket.
Buffalo Special 6 Shirts can be made bespoke by special order in any size with adjustments to the arms and body length. Additional cutting charges apply to these orders which can take 8-12 weeks to be made and are non-returnable.
The Classic Buffalo overhead features include:
- Classic Pertex® shell
- AquaTherm pile lining
- Windproof to 50mph
• Neck zip with storm baffles
• Two way side zips for access and ventilation, with storm baffles
• Zipped map pocket with weather flap
• Pile lined hand warmer pocket with internal tape and buckle waist adjuster
• Hand warmer pocket designed so that a rucsack hip strap can be fastened through
• Scooped back 10cm longer than front
• Touch and Close strip around collar for attachment of hood (hood available separately)
• Touch and Close cuff and hem adjusters
Sizes: 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50
(Special Order sizes 52 & 54 can be made for an extra charge. Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery)
Colours: Black, Olive, Red
Weight: 675g (all weights are for Medium or size 40)
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.